Tuesday, December 18, 2012

AEITF Turns Trash to Cash: The Next Wildcat Project


Hello from Spain!  O.K., I am almost over the loss to Navy….almost. Let’s get back to the business of ball, er, I mean, energy security.

The Defense Logistics Agency – Energy (DLA-E) has pushed out RFP number 2 to get up to 29 MWs of electricity from biomass.  The Army Energy Initiatives Task Force has worked closely with DLA to create this opportunity. This will be another lease situation supported by a long term power purchase agreement. 

The response is due on the Ides of March 2013 and the preproposal meeting is not yet scheduled so don’t let it spoil your holidays.  The solicitation is available on FBO under solicitation number SP0600-13-R-0401.  Informed sources tell me that number three is on the way.

I want to personally thank the AEITF for not making a liar out of me. On January 2, 2012, I predicted that 2012 would be the year of the wildcat project.  My prognostication was that only one off projects would come forward because it would take the entire year to get the MATOC online.  This appears to be the case.  Well done.  I am working on my predictions for 2013, so may hibernate for a week to do so.  Have a great holiday season.  Dan Nolan

1 comment:

lost_in_woods said...

thank u for posting click here
Energy Analysis